A few weeks back as I was planning today’s post I had penciled “5/5 – Blueberry Pie”. Which, I totally intended to share with you today…
However, somehow, somewhere between the day I jotted that down and what actually transpired this weekend. Today’s post turned out to be just slightly different than what I had originally envisioned. In all honestly it was mostly it was due to the weather.
So instead of handing over a traditional blueberry pie (especially when it’s 90+ degrees out), I leave you with this… a fluffy and fresh blueberry tart.
Note: Other than the tart shells, which need a little less than 10 minutes in the oven (you can even use your toaster oven) this tart requires no baking. So, it’s perfect for warm weather.
- 1 package (27 cookies) Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies
- ¾ cups macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- pinch of grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- macerated blueberries
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 4-5" tart pans with non-stick cooking spray place them on a baking sheet and and set aside.
- In a food processor pulse cookies and macadamia nuts until finely ground. Pour melted butter into cookie and nut mixture stir to combine.
- Divide crust mixture equally between the 4 tart pans, press crust over the bottom and up the sides of each pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- In a bowl mash blueberries, sugar limoncello and lemon zest. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain juice from macerated blueberries before adding them to the mousse.
- In a small microwave cup stir together limoncello and gelatin, microwave for 20 seconds on 50% power. Set aside.
- In a large beat whipping cream until just before it starts to thicken, add lemon curd and gelatin mixture. Beat until stiff peaks form, don't over-beat. Fold in strained macerated blueberries. Pipe or spoon mixture evenly over chilled tart shells garnish with fresh blueberries. Serve chilled.