I whipped up a batch of these the other day and took some to work. Based on the feedback I received; I’m here to tell you these are definitely a *must* make!
Think of these cookies if you will, as a kicked up version of your every day peanut butter cookie. But I mean seriously kicked up!
They are chockfull with chunky almond butter, cocoa powder, chocolate chunks, chocolate covered almond bits, you see where I’m going with this? They are a must make I tell you!
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup chunky almond butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dark chocolate almond bites, chopped
- Slivered almonds for garnish
- In a medium bowl whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mister fitted with the paddle attachment beat butter, almond butter, and both sugars at high speed until pale and fluffy approx. 3 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time on low speed, stop and scrape the bowl down between additions.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold in slivered almonds, chocolate chunks, and chopped chocolate almond bits.
- Chill dough for at least 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Scoop 1½ tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared banking sheets and top each cookie with a couple of slivered almonds
- Bake each sheet for about 13 minutes, allow to set for an additional 3 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cookies have chilled completely, transfer to an airtight container. Will keep for up to a week