If you are looking for a delicious yet hardy dessert to serve for your Superbowl party. I have just the thing.
These bars have a bit of a split personality, team healthy and team sweet. On team healthy we have oatmeal and pecans. And on team, it’s all about the sweets (my personal favorite), we have strawberry preserves and Butterfinger candy bars.
That pretty much sums up these bars. It’s obviously pretty clear who end’s up winning this battle.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 mini butterfingers candy bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, butter, pecans, both types of sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour two thirds of the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to form a packed layer.
- With a spatula carefully spread the strawberry preserves evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the chopped butterfingers evenly over the top and gently press into the preserves. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top of the chopped butterfingers. Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove pan and allow to cool completely over a wire rack.
- Cut bars into 2 inch squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.