You have no idea how many ounces of vodka, liquors, and not to mention garnishes I’ve gone through to finally come up with something worth talking about here in my little space.
I’ve been messing around with this recipe for a few weeks now, and it wasn’t until this past weekend I finally came up with something worth mentioning. Honestly, the main issue I had with this martini was getting the flavors right without it curdling on me. I really wanted the creaminess of the banana split to come through but the strawberry liqueur wasn’t cooperating. Finally I decided to swap it for grenadine, and bingo! The result was a no-curdle banana split martini!
- 2 ounces whipped cream vodka
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- ½ ounce triple cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1 teaspoon white creme de cacao
- Prepare a martini glass rimmed with multicolored sanding sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker half-way filled with ice combine all ingredients, shake well then strain into prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry halve, banana slice, and maraschino cherry.
* Chocolate lovers, try swapping out the sanding sugar rimmer for chocolate sprinkles.
* If you don’t happen to have any whipped cream vodka on hand, try substituting it for cake or plain vodka.