Before you turn your nose up or raise your eyebrow at this cocktail because the weather is no where near “cozy” around your neck of the woods, and on the contrary your AC has been practically been running non-stop for the past couple of months. If you, like me, have recently found yourselves doing pre-bedtime temp checks (this is when you walk outside hopeful that it will be cool enough to turn you air off for just a few hours before the sun rises). Hear me out…
Regardless of what the weather is like, if you are in the mood for a dessert-like fall cocktail. This one fits the bill perfectly. I works whether served on the rocks or slightly warmed.
Currently I’ve been enjoying mine on the rocks. Rest assured though, as soon as it gets below 80 I will most likely be warming mine up and probably sipping it while watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”.
- 1 ounce Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- 1 ounce pumpkin pie cream liqueur
- 1 ounce cognac
- 1 ounce heavy cream, or full fat milk
- To serve chilled: Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-way filled with ice. Shake well, strain and pour into a chilled martini or rocks glass.
- To serve warm: Heat heavy cream or milk and pumpkin pie cream liqueur in the microwave for approx. 30 seconds. Pour into a small tea or coffee. Stir in Frangelico and cognac.
- Optional garnish: Star Anise and/or whipped cream.
Disclosure: Although this post was sponsored by Frangelico and I was compensated for my work developing and photographing this recipe for them. You know if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, that I’ve been a huge fan of Frangelico for a long… long… time.