By far, my all time favorite variety of apple happens to be the Honeycrisp. If you’ve never experienced the crunch and burst of flavor that results from the first bite out of a Honeycrisp apple you are totally missing out. You seriously must have one, like now!
Although I love eating Honeycrisp apples raw, I also find them extremely suitable for baking and juicing. In my book they happen to be classified as the perfect apple. A prime example, this cocktail…
No worries if you don’t have access to Honeycrisp apples to juice at home, you can always replace them with your favorite variety, and if push comes to shove, store bought apple juice will do.
- 3 ounces white rum
- 3 ounces honey crisp apple juice
- 1 ounce honey simple syrup
- ½ ounce water
- ½ ounce honey
- In a small container stir together water and honey until honey has completely dissolved.
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake well, strain and pour into two glasses.
- Garnish with apple slices if desired.