The boys have now adjusted back to their routine schedules. They are finally going to sleep at a decent hour. They are not staying up all night playing video games. They are back to rehearsals, homework, and of course hanging out with ‘their’ friends. Because, who wants to hang out with mom and dad when you are a teenager? Be it a senior or a sophomore.
I know, they’ll come around…
So let’s get back to the dessert at hand.
With Labor day closely approaching I figured we deserved a little ‘me time’.
Know what that means? It means, it’s time for mom and dad to indulge a little.
So, what I have for you here today is an adult-only boozy dessert, because I think we totally deserve it. I say, if you work hard, you should play hard. So let’s do this!
Here’s to a very relaxing Labor Day, enjoy!
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream, slightly softened
- ¼ cups shelled roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla vodka
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry liqueur
- 6 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Line a loaf pan (I used a 5″ x 13″ pan) with plastic wrap making sure you leave an over hang on each side.
- In a bowl mix pistachio ice cream, chopped pistachios, vanilla vodka, and food coloring (if using). Stir well and pour into the lined pan. Place pan in freezer to allow first layer to harden a bit 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse bowl, now mix strawberry ice cream, strawberry liqueur, and chopped maraschino cherries. Remove pan from freezer and pour mixture over pistachio layer. Return pan to freezer and allow second layer to harden another 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse bowl again, now mix chocolate ice cream, chocolate liqueur and cacao nibs. Remove pan from freezer and pour over strawberry layer.
- Transfer pan back to freezer and allow to chill overnight.
- Slice and serve. Top with a little whipped cream if desired.