Last weekend I paid a quick visit to my son at his place of employment (how lucky am I right?). I stopped by to drop off a container with some of this Carrot Cake that well, didn’t quite make it into the birthday version.
He had been teasing me all week about having received a brand new batch of fall scented candles, and kept blurting out words like Pumpkin Cupcake, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, and Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. GAH! The torture!
So, as soon as I had a chance I ran my butt down there and confirmed what I knew all along. Those scents were just amazing, exactly what I had imagined.
As much as I love summer, after getting a whiff of those scents I said see ya summer! And welcomed fall with wide open arms, oh and of course a glass of this Sangria. Refreshing enough for these last days of summer yet, with a little fall kick courtesy of the splash of ginger ale.
- 4 ounces Castañeda sangria
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce pomegranate schnapps
- 1 ounce brandy
- ginger ale
- frozen raspberries
- frozen grapes
- orange slices
- ice cubes
- Place about ½ cup of ice cubes, frozen raspberries and frozen grapes into a large wine glass.
- Pour sangria, schnapps, juice, and brandy into the glass. Give it a quick stir.
- Top off glass with ginger ale to taste. Drop in an orange slice