Last week as I was catching up on my bloglovin’ feed, I came across a recipe that instantly caught my eye. The Image of perfectly shaped cookies all studded with a combination of mini chocolate chips and a rainbow of multi colored M&Ms, immediately made me realize I had struck gold. Once I got past the image I read the title of this post, “How to make perfect M&M cookies” and given the fact that her cookies looked so perfect indeed, I just couldn’t resist and had to give the recipe a try.
I chose to add my own little twist to these and boy oh boy, they turned out dangerously good. I mean what’s not to love…
A) We are talking chocolate and peanut butter.
B) They were perfectly shaped and chewy, with just a touch of crispness around the edge.
C) We are talking chocolate and peanut butter.
What more is there to say but a huge thanks to Picky Palate for sharing her secret ingredient with us.
- 6 ounces (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cups dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups Reese’s mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, chocolate pudding mix, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and both types of sugar until fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla to mixture, beat on low until egg has been incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and continue to beat on low until a dough forms.
- Remove bowl from mixer. Stir in peanut butter chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Using a #30 cookie scoop, scoop 12 dough balls onto each of the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely then store in an airtight container.