In one of my not too long ago excursions to Sur La Table, I was scanning through the store and came across a little can of Serendipity 3 Frozen Hot Chocolate Mix. Immediately I thought, SCORE! So, I picked up the can and placed it in my basket.
As I continued looking around in search of other gems I couldn’t stop thinking of the frozen hot chocolate we had when we visited Serendipity 3 in Vegas—now this was a while ago… five or six years at least!
Well, since the day I brought this can of frozen hot chocolate mix home, it had been staring me in the face every time I opened the pantry door.
I finally decided it was time to bust it open. Kind of like when you decide it’s finally time to break that last $20 you have in your wallet and next thing you know it’s all gone? Yeah… that feeling is what I was trying to avoid and the reason why I was holding off on opening it, I was trying to delay the inevitable…
On a happy note, this margarita turned out to be as you can imagine Serendipitous, pun intended.
So lets set those chips and salsa aside, grab a bowl of fresh strawberries, a few shortbread cookies and a little whipped cream, and serve this baby up!
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate jimmies
- 1½ cups crushed ice
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Serendipity 3 Frozen Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1½ ounces tequila (silver or blanco)
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- ½ ounce Gran Marnier
- whipped cream, optional for garnish
- Place chocolate syrup and jimmies each into individual plates.
- Dip margarita glasses into chocolate syrup then dip into jimmies to coat rim thoroughly.
- Pour remaining ingredients into a blender. Blend well at high speed and pour equal amounts into prepared margarita glasses and top with a little whipped cream, if desired.