One of my favorite cocktails is the Mojito. I love the spark fresh mint and limes brings to a cocktail.
As I was trying to think of a St. Patrick’s Day cocktail to share with you I thought, why not take the basics of a mojito and switch up the sprit?
The crazy daydreamer in me decided to give the mojito an Irish twist with one of my favorite Irish Whiskeys, Jameson. Hence the “Leprechaun Mojito”.
- 2 lime quarters
- 3 min sprigs
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 sugar cubes
- 2 ounces whiskey
- tonic water
- Lime wedge and mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker muddle lime quarters, mint sprigs and sugar.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes and whiskey. Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain and pour into a highball glass half-way filled with ice.
- Top off with tonic water. Garnish with mint and a lime wedge.