Did you know March is birthday month?
Yep, that means it’s all about indulging this month. Booze, sweets, boozy sweets, you get the picture.
So, Pieces babies… are you ready to party!
Let’s start with a little Pre-St. Patty’s Day inspired treat I think you’ll like. It’s a twist on one of my favorite San Francisco treats, the Buena Vista Cafe Irish Coffee.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar,
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- Fat Raisins (recipe below)
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 − 1oz boxes raisins
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons Jameson Whiskey
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and both types of sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl down as necessary.
- Add instant coffee and reduce speed to low.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat just until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, then add oats and mix until well blended.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in fat raisins with a wooden spoon.
- Line a baking sheet that will fit in your fridge. Using a 1½" cookie scoop scoop out cookie dough and top each mound with a few white chocolate chips. Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- When ready to bake pre-heat oven to 350. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place 12 dough balls per pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine raisins, water, sugar and whiskey. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat and poach for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow raisins to cool.
- Strain raisins before using them in the cookie recipe.