I know this recipe comes to you a bit early… considering we only left winter behind us just a few days ago and summer seems like a while out.
But trust me, summer well be here sooner than you think. At least that is what my wishful thinking leads me to believe. So, bookmark this baby and be ready to enjoy a very light and refreshing cocktail on one of those scorching hot summer days.
- 1-2 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces basil syrup
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 4 ounces rum
- sparkling water
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large basil leaves
- In a cocktail shaker muddle tomato slices, lime juice and basil syrup.
- Add a few ice cubes, mint leaves and rum, shake well. Pour into two tall glass with ice. Top each glass with sparkling water, stir and garnish with fresh mint, lime, and a ½ heirloom tomato.
- In a small saucepan combine water, sugar, and basil. Bring to a boil, allow to boil for 2 minutes. Remove leaves, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.