Saturday night our friends invited us over for movie night. On the deck was “That’s My Boy” and “The Princess Bride” polar opposites, I know.
We decided to start the evening off with That’s my Boy, and in retrospect I think we should have reversed the order. Because, the last frame I remember watching was Princess Buttercup rolling down a hill after Westley. And here, I thought for sure the big bowl of strawberries & cream popcorn would have provided everyone including me, with enough energy to stay awake for both movies. Well… at least it worked for 80% of the crowd.
- 1 cup corn kernels, popped on the stovetop
- 1 cup lite corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3oz box strawberry jello
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 bag freeze dried strawberries, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone mats.
- Pour popped corn into an extra large heat-proof bowl, or two large bowls.
- In a medium saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar, strawberry jello and butter until it comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and pour over popped corn. Stir popcorn until most is evenly covered with jello mixture.
- Transfer popcorn evenly onto baking sheets.
- In a medium saucepan melt marshmallows and butter and drizzle over popcorn.
- Bake popcorn for 10 minutes rotating sheets half-way through. Remove popcorn from oven and immediately sprinkle crushed freeze dried strawberries over popcorn, stir to incorporate. Allow to cool break up into pieces and serve.