This Christmas my husband was gifted a bottle of a very unique sprit, Carlshamns Flaggpunsch Swedish Punsch. Which I hear is typically consumed straight. And, although my husband and most Swedes might not have an issue consuming it neat. I took it upon myself (since what’s his is mine, and what is mine is mine) to whip up something that would be more appealing to my pallet.
Think of this cocktail as a twist on a Hot Buttered Rum with a heavier spice note. It’s guaranteed to warm you up!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces Carlshamns Flaggpunsch Swedish Punsch
- 3 tablespoons Buttered Rum Batter
- boiling water
- Combine batter ingredients in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat until ice cream and butter have melted and sugar has completely dissolved.
- In an irish coffee mug pour swedish punch and buttered rum batter top with 3-4 ounces of boiling water. Stir, garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.