Most people have a classic holiday film that they absolutely have to watch every year or it just won’t feel like the holidays. For some, it is “It’s A Wonderful Life”; and for others it might be “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer”. In our household, it is “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. We mouth the words along with Gene Wilder’s impeccable delivery, and we sing those classic Leslie Bricusse tunes, thus inspiring this week’s cocktail.
While this fizzy drink won’t exactly cause you to bubble up to the ceiling, you’ll definitely feel like you are!
- 4 ounces white rum
- 4 butterscotch hard candies
- 4 ounces butterscotch Infused Rum
- 2 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 4 ounces prosecco or champagne
- In an airtight sealable jar, combine rum and butterscotch hard candies. Shake the jar once throughout the day, the candies will eventually dissolve and infuse the rum within 6-8 hours.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine infused rum and butterscotch schnapps. Shake well, strain and pour half into two champagne flutes.
- Top with chilled prosecco or champagne
And remember my friends, “Invention is 93% Perspiration, 6% Electricity, 4% Evaporation, and 2% Butterscotch Ripple.” -Willy Wonka
I know the arithmetic’s a bit fuzzy, as it comes out to 105%, but so are the holidays. To prove my point: “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.”-Willy Wonka A.K.A. my holiday icon.