Ok, so this is not exactly the cocktail I had planned to share with you today. I was really hoping to stick with my Halloween themed cocktails throughout the month of October, but that cocktail can totally wait a week; this martini on the other hand cannot.
After a single sip of this Reese’s Puffs Cereal Milk Martini I knew I had stumbled upon another epic cocktail, and we can all thank the brilliant Christina Tosi of Momofuku Milk Bar for the inspiration. I have yet to experience the magnificence that is Momofuku Milk Bar, but the very next time I find myself in NYC I’ve vowed not to leave without first enjoying a meal composed of cereal milk soft serve a compost cookie and for dessert a slice of crack pie.
- 1½ low-fat (2%) milk [it's all I had on hand]
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
- 2 ounces Reese's Puffs cereal milk
- 2 ounces whipped cream vodka
- In a 4 cup measuring cup or bowl stir together milk, heavy cream and cereal.
- With a spoon press cereal down into the milk so the milk absorbs as much of the cereal flavor as possible.
- Place milk mixture into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain cereal milk into a clean measuring cup. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Combine whipped cream vodka and cereal milk into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ½ cup of ice to the shaker.
- Shake well, strain, and pour into a chilled martini glass.