WARNING: Eating these while typing may damage your keyboard.
Eating these while typing, will give a whole new meaning to “sticky keys”. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya…
Sure at a distance they might look like an innocent, run-of-the-mill variety of krispies treats.
But as you take a closer look, you’ll see these guys have been generously drizzled with a delicious white chocolate-maple glaze, making it virtually impossible to consume without it getting all over your fingers.
So yeah, consider yourself warned.
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 ounces Cinnamon Bun Marshmallows
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
- 10 ounces plain marshmallows
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon maple extract
- Line a 9x9 square pan with aluminum foil leaving an overhang on two of the sides. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large heat-proof bowl combine both types of cereal and cinnamon bun marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg on low heat. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and pour melted marshmallows over cereal mixture. With a plastic spatula stir until cereal has been covered completely and evenly with melted marshmallow.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9x9 pan. Spread evenly and compress cereal mixture with spatula.
- Allow treats to cool for at least an hour before preparing and pouring glaze over them.
- Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals at 50% power.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and maple extract, return and microwave 15-20 seconds more at 50% power or until the glaze is drizzable.