Credit where credit is due I say… Today I’m sharing with you a very refreshing treat; sorry this one isn’t kiddo friendly. I’ll be sure and whip up something delicious that the whole family can enjoy very soon!
Hot chocolate topped with whipped cream might sound mightly appealing during mid-winter. However, when the average high is in the high 90s not so much. That’s where these babies come into play, hot chocolate and whipped cream + booze all packaged nicely in the form of an ice pop. They are a no-brainer!
Back to the credit, these babies were inspired by two brilliant bloggers whom are a constant inspiration to me, Smitten Kitchen and Bakers Royale. If you haven’t checked out their handy work already, you must!
PS: Naked Jay also helped with the inspiration.
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2.5 ounces dark chocolate cocoa mix
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce Naked Jay’s Whipped Cream Vodka
- In a medium saucepan whisk whole milk, dark cocoa mix, and corn starch.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat then add chocolate chips. Reduce heat to low, and continue mixing for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Strain mixture into a large enough measuring cup. Stir in whipped cream vodka and mix well.
- Carefully pour into 6 popsicle molds and freeze overnight.