Three Olives Loopy-Rita

April 20, 2012

in Beverages,Cocktails,Mexican,Recipes

Three Olives Loopy-Rita

Having a Cinco de Mayo get-together?

You’ve heard of or have tried a Vojito, and liked it.

Looking for an alternative to the traditional Margarita?

You’re feeling a little Loopy…

If you answered Yes to any of the questions above, you’ve got to try this.

3.8 from 5 reviews
Loopy-Rita

Prep time
Total time

Recipe type: Cocktail
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • 1½ ounces Three Olives Loopy Vodka
  • 1 ounce Triple Sec
  • 1 ounce sweet & sour mix
  • ½ ounce lime juice
  • ½ teaspoon granadine
Directions
  1. Rim an old-fashioned or margarita glass with colored sanding sugar mixed with a hint of salt. Fill glass with ice.
  2. Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled half-way with ice. Shake well, strain and pour into prepared glass.
  3. Garnish with a slice of lime.

1 terry April 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Love this! super amazing!

2 Julia {The Roasted Root} April 20, 2012 at 4:19 pm

It’s finally warm where I’m at which is making me CRAVE a sweet, fruity cocktail. Your recipe looks like the perfect remedy and I’m even more excited because I’ve never tried Three Olives before. Found you on TasteSpotting and am looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Have a great weekend!

3 LP April 20, 2012 at 7:13 pm

This drink looks yummy and refreshing. There’s another one I stumbled upon http://bit.ly/HZ1FL3

4 Rick April 21, 2012 at 8:21 am

Sweet & sour should never be a cocktail, especially if you have other sweeteners and already have lime juice, but, seriously, never use it.
And I think a “rita” would imply tequila, not a vodka.

5 Kellie April 21, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I am a HUGE fan of the Loopy Vodka! A friend and I really enjoy mixing it with milk and a little grenadine, it tastes like an homage to my childhood!

6 Teramo April 26, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Love your site…I’m nowhere near as talented as you when it comes to baking but drinks I can do!
This Loopy Rita sounds great and since I love a good Vojito as well…here’s another play on the traditional Mojito that I tried once and keep going back to…whenever I make this for guests, they absolutely love it (as do I by the way)…I came across it by accident on Rougemaple.com….its called the “Cool ROUGE Maple Mojito” you can get the recipe here: http://rougemaple.com/blogs/news

7 Mrs Whittington July 18, 2012 at 8:47 pm