Wondering weather I’ve stopped baking or making cocktails?
Nope, I’ve just been suffering from writers block.
But, after watching a very entertaining and inspiring episode of Glee (Disco/Saturday Night Fever), I decided I wasn’t going to let my writers block prevent me from keeping this absolutely delicious cheesecake recipe from you. So here you go…
PS: According to my husband this was the most delicious banana cheesecake he’s ever had. (Of course the cheesecake also contained a cups worth of Nutella…)
- 12 pecan shortbread cookies
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, skinned
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces melted butter, slightly cooled
- 4 − 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Nutella, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon banana extract
- Double wrap the bottom of a 10″ springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Pulse cookies and hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add sugar and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Transfer dry ingredients into a medium bowl. Pour melted butter and blend thoroughly with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Press crust over the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have an oven-safe dish or pan big enough to contain the springform pan ready for a water bath.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy 3-5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Add sugar to batter and mix on medium speed.
- Add mashed banana, ½ cup Nutella, and extracts to the batter, mix until incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust prepared crust.
- Warm up remaning ½ cup Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Place dollops of Nutella over the top of the batter and run a butter knife run through them for a swirl effect.
- Place the cheesecake inside the larger pan and place in the oven, with a measuring cup fill the larger pan half-way up with warm water.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is set. Remove cheesecake from water bath and allow to chill for 10 minutes.