Sure it’s a mouthful, yes I’m a little late to the Oreo Birthday Party, but like they say… better late than never.
I just didn’t feel right letting this particular birthday go by unnoticed and unmentioned.
I probably should have presented you with a recipe made with the original version of the Oreo cookie. Instead, decided to shed some light one of the new members of the Oreo cookie family, the baby if you will.
Peanut butter lovers brace yourselves… Oreo now offers a new cookie made up of a thin Oreo wafer topped with a generous amount of peanut butter filling and covered with a chocolatey fudge coating.
This was my very first experiment using Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge Creams, and I’m positive there will be plenty more to come. In the mean time let us celebrate…
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 table spoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14-16 Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge Creams, chopped
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Topping
These are best enjoyed the day they are made, but I’m pretty sure you won’t want to leave these hanging out in your fridge much longer than that.
Happy 100th Birthday Oreo!