Looking for a recipe to make on a cold and rainy day?
I’ve got just the thing!
This recipe is sure to bring a little sunshine into your home especially on days like this.
Be sure to have your sunglasses on hand, because once you make a batch of these babies you’ll be needing them.
Not sure if it’s the name “Blondie” that just screams “sunshine”, or the fact that I added coconut flakes. For all I know, the sunshine could have very well been attributed to the cup full of Easter M&Ms that I threw in the mix, regardless… I’m telling you it worked!
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark M&Ms, plus a few more to sprinkle over the top
- 1¾ cups sweetened coconut flakes, toasted and cooled
- Position rack in center of oven then pre-heat to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 inch brownie pan with foil paper leaving a slight overhang.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix on low just until combined.
- Add vanilla and coconut extracts. Mix on low to incorporate.
- Add M&Ms and toasted coconut flakes. Stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Level batter with the help of an off-set spatula. Sprinkle a few M&Ms over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow pan to cool for 10 minutes before lifting the aluminum foil.
- Slice and serve.
Best enjoyed with an ice cold glass of milk, a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, or both!