Double Stuf Oreo Martini

February 17, 2012

in American,Beverages,Cocktails,Recipes

Double Stuf Oreo Martini

This wasn’t as easy an infusion as I expected it to be. I initially started by infusing regular Oreos, but after a week of “infusion time” I tasted my concoction and decided I wanted more of the “Stuf” flavor versus chocolate. So started over and decided to use Double Stuf Oreos instead.

The result, obviously much better than the first and when combined with the creme de cacao and tres leches liqueur it’s quite close to tasting like an Oreo cookie. I must warn you though, that unlike my Reese’s Peanut Butter infusion which I could drink shots of, this infusion… well, not so much. You definitely need do add a little somthin’ somethin’ to it.

5.0 from 2 reviews

• 4 ounces Double Stuf Oreo Infused Vodka
  • 2 ounces dark creme de cacao
  • 2 ounces Tres Leches Liqueur
  • 2 Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
Directions
Double Stuf Oreo Infused Vodka
  1. Combine the vodka and ground Double Stuf Oreos into a mason jar or perhaps into an empty bottle of vodka you just happened to have laying around for just this occasion. Make sure the jar or bottle is tightly sealed.
  2. Store in a cool dry place and give it a good shake once or twice per day for 7 to 10 days.
  3. Once vodka has been infused, strain into a clean mason jar using a fine mesh sieve, cheese cloth, or disposable coffee filter. Store in a cool place or in the freezer until ready to use.
Double Stuf Oreo Martini
  1. Drizzle two martini glasses with marshmallow topping.
  2. Combine infused vodka, dark creme de cacao and Tres Leches liqueur in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake for 30-40 seconds and pour into prepared martini glasses.
  3. Garnish each martini glass with a Double Stuf Oreo Cookie.

Be Sociable, Share!

1 Blog is the New Black February 17, 2012 at 5:48 am

Wow, this look heavenly!

2 angela@spinachtiger February 17, 2012 at 6:04 am

I remember you promising this and you delivered. You know I”m thinking that drinks like this need to be on the dessert menu, and instead of people ending their meals with a pastry, it should be a drink. How about something red velvet?

3 Daydreamer Desserts February 17, 2012 at 9:37 am

Oh… that sounds divine! I love when I get help in the inspiration department. :)

4 Maureen February 17, 2012 at 6:05 am

This looks like the perfect start to a Friday night!

5 Maureen February 17, 2012 at 6:06 am

My, aren’t you clever AND persistent :)

6 Tracy February 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

This looks terrific! I just found your website and I can’t wait to try some of your recipes!

7 Ken February 18, 2012 at 4:04 pm

God! This looks easy enough but at the same time stunning. I’m not that great of a cook, but I can surely impress by cousin with this (she loves oreo more than anything in this world :)) Good thing she drink vodka now haha!!

Thank you for the share, the ingredients are easy to find and your instructions are easy to follow.

-Ken
Kare Kare Recipe

8 Jennifer (Delicieux) February 19, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Persistance pays off because this looks divine. I love the oreo on the side of the martini glass!

9 Alyssa March 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I have just started the infusing process! I am doing this as part of a progressive dinner party that my friends are doing this weekend. I have one question… How in the heck did you make the marshmallow fluff look like that??? I bought the jet-puffed marshmallow fluff (all my small town had), and it just comes out in big, ugly clumps. Help!

10 Daydreamer Desserts March 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Hi Alyssa, I actually didn’t use marshmallow fluff… I used Smuckers marshmallow topping which has more of a liquid consistency. Here’s a link to it: http://www.smuckers.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupId=4&categoryId=48&flavorId=122 -Josie

11 Cindy June 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

wow, i am completely impressed. will definitely give this a try.

12 Kerri November 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Is it possible to add a pinterest share button?