Blue Sparkling Star

December 2, 2011

in American,Beverages,Cocktails,Recipes

Blue Sparkling Star

Reasons to make a Blue Sparking Star:

• You’ve decided to embark on a month-long quest that entails baking cookies most of your waking hours.
  • You’ll be hosting one or more holiday parties where all your guests are will be dressed to the nines and you want to serve them an equally fancy cocktail.
  • You realized you are finally done with all your holiday shopping.
  • You’ve decided to put the diet on hold until Jan 1st. (year irrelevant…)
  • You work in retail (or for an e-tailer).
  • You are celebrating the receipt of a pretty decent holiday bonus.
  • [Insert pretty much any other reason you can think of here…]
  • Reasons not to make a Blue Sparking Star…

• You don’t like champagne, orange, and/or vodka.
  • You suffer from Cyanophobia – Fear of the color blue.
  • You suffer from Astrophobia – Fear of stars and celestial space.

Pretty straight forward… yes?

Happy Holidays!!!

Blue Sparkling Star

Author:
    Recipe type: Cocktail
    Serves: 2
    Ingredients
    • 2 ounces orange infused vodka
    • 2 ounces blue curaçao
    • champagne
    Directions
    1. Rim 2 champagne glasses with blue sanding sugar.
    2. Pour 1 ounce orange infused vodka into each of the prepared champagne glasses.
    3. Pour 1 once blue curaçao into each into each of the prepared champagne glasses.
    4. Top each glass with champagne

1 Lora December 2, 2011 at 7:25 am

Wow. Just stunning!

2 megan December 2, 2011 at 11:39 am

Mmm, may be convinced to try Orange Vodka…

3 Belinda @zomppa December 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’ll definitely raise my glass to that! So festive!

4 susie December 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

The color is so gorgeous…I may grab the Benedryl and mix up a batch…I am allergic to blue curaçao and there really is nothing else that color! I deserve this since, reason #5- I work retail! Ho ho ho!

5 angela@spinachtiger December 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I have a white dining table with blue decorations. This matches my decor and making these would be so cool for my next party (as long as it’s this month).

6 bryan December 6, 2011 at 2:47 am

That is a beauty! Great Pictures of a great drink,

7 Kimberly December 28, 2011 at 11:58 am

Is there a way to make this non-alcholic? We dont serve alcholic drinks in our home. I love the color! what a Wow!

8 Daydreamer Desserts December 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’ve been trying to think of how to make this without using alcohol… and it’s a tough one, especially since the color of the cocktail is produced by the blue curaçao which is a liquor. The best I could come up with to achieve a similar look was to simply replace the champagne with tonic water, add a splash of orange juice and a drop or two of blue food coloring. :)

9 Jessika November 30, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Use a blueberry or blackberry syrup with a sparkling non-alcoholic cider.

10 Mrs. L December 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Though technically this is “blue” I think i could get away with calling it “teal” and serving it at a Sharks hockey watching party!

11 Daydreamer Desserts December 28, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Great idea, I think you could totally get away with calling it “teal”. ;)

12 Nate December 30, 2011 at 7:20 am

Hello,

Thank you for posting such a fantastic drink! We loved it so much that we featured it in one of our blog posts. You can read all about it at http://www.recipelionblog.com/what-makes-a-perfect-drink-cocktails-101/ . Thanks again.

13 juliemarg May 24, 2012 at 10:43 am

Elegant and Amazing! Thanks a lot for the steps on how to do it!

14 Daydreamer Desserts May 24, 2012 at 8:19 pm

My pleasure, thank you for stopping by! -Josie

15 sheila December 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm

where can I buy the nourishes?

16 sheila December 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I tried to type blue sugar

17 Daydreamer Desserts December 17, 2012 at 10:17 am

Hi Sheila,

I bought mine at a local TJ Maxx, but I googled “blue sanding sugar” and Amazon was one of the very first search results. :)

Josie

18 stacey December 17, 2012 at 7:46 am

where in the world do you find Blue sanding sugar?

19 Daydreamer Desserts December 17, 2012 at 10:15 am

Hi Stacey,

Oddley enough, I found mine at a local TJ Maxx. But, I’m sure you can find it at a cake supply store, Michael’s, and/or on-line.

Josie

20 Jessica May 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I just love this color of drink and I am sure It tastes wonderful…PLEASE let me know Where can I find the Blue Sanding Sugar for the Blue Sparkling Star drink? I am having a Shades of Blue theme Anniversary Party for my friends 25th anniversary and i want this as there main signature drink…

Thanks!