FoodBuzz 2011 Blogger Festival

November 7, 2011

in Adventures

San Francisco Ferry Building

Today I wanted to share with you just a handful of notes I made to myself this past weekend while I attended the FoodBuzz 3rd Annual Blogger Festival in San Francisco:

• When going on a short trip there really is no reason to pack every single electronic device you own, your iPhone will do. (Being a computer geek is no excuse.)
  • When traveling, make sure you have a well thought out lunch plan before arriving at your destination, otherwise you’ll find yourself eating popcorn from the mini-bar.
  • When hosting a party, don’t skimp on tables and chairs.
  • Remember to visit San Francisco more often.
  • Variety is indeed the spice of life.
  • Don’t leave your DSLR in your hotel room the next time you attend one of Tyler Florence’s live cooking demos.
  • Play hooky on the last day of a conference more often.
  • Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 Mardi#eatlivetravelwrite November 8, 2011 at 2:38 am

I LOVED this post Josie – a refreshing change from the usual “this is what we did” conference recaps :) I wish SF was not so far away (and so $$ to get to) – I would have loved to hang out with you again (and play hookey!)

2 Daydreamer Desserts November 8, 2011 at 6:24 am

Thanks Mardi, I’m sure we would have had a blast exploring the city together!

3 Katrina November 8, 2011 at 4:52 am

So much yummy food happening! Love it!

4 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 8, 2011 at 5:37 am

I absolutely LOVE that first picture!

It was great to meet you this weekend! It looks like you had a great time exploring San Fran that last day – so sad I had to fly out early!

5 Daydreamer Desserts November 8, 2011 at 6:28 am

Likewise Laura. Let me just say there was a minuscle downside to staying in town a little extra time… I didn’t get home early enough to unwind and went right to work the next day. :)

6 Ken│hungry rabbit November 8, 2011 at 6:48 am

This post made me missed you more since we did play hooky together last year. We definite need to get together for more ‘variety’

7 Daydreamer Desserts November 8, 2011 at 6:53 am

Missed you too Ken! Didn’t even bother going to Dim Sum Sunday morning without you…

8 Amelia (Eating Made Easy) November 8, 2011 at 8:34 am

Haha! Love the tips – especially the lugging every electronic device everywhere you go advice – I am the queen of that and never end up using it all!

9 Cindy November 8, 2011 at 9:09 am

Looks like you had an amazing time! Can’t wait to see you and hear about it – over some Red Velvet Layer Cake… of the liquid variety. :)

10 Daydreamer Desserts November 8, 2011 at 9:10 am

Sounds like a plan, are you guys staying in town this weekend?

11 Belinda @zomppa November 8, 2011 at 12:31 pm

GREAT tips (the variety is nice, eh?) Glad you had a good time!

12 TripleScoop November 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Looks like you had a great time!

13 Trevor Sis. Boom November 19, 2011 at 11:04 am

I’m still remembering fondly all the wonderful things I learned that weekend. And, of course, the lovely PEOPLE I got to spend some time with! Great GREAT post!