Since today is technically “Friday” for almost everyone else in the US who doesn’t happen to work for a Retailer or in my case an e-Tailer. I decided to share my liquid libation with you a little early. For those of us who will be reporting to work this Friday, we’ll probably need one of these as soon as we walk through the door.
All I really have to say about this cocktail—if you’ve been to Mexico and have bought carrot juice from a local street vender or fruit stand, typically served in a plastic bag with a straw—well this is 1000 times better! For those not as adventurous—don’t knock it until you try it. I absolutely loved it!
Appropriately fitting with what seems to have morphed into the theme of the week on the blog… I give you the Carrot Martini!.
CHEERS and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
- 4 ounces carrot puree (recipe below)
- 4 ounces orange infused vodka (recipe below)
- 16 ounces chopped carrots
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 ounces good quality vodka
- ½ orange, sliced in half
- In a blender puree carrots along with pineapple juice, strain using cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine vodka and orange slices in a clean mason jar. Close jar tightly and store in a cool dry place for 2 days. Give it a good shake once or twice per day.
- Combine strained carrot puree and infused vodka into a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, shake for 30 seconds and pour into martini glasses. Garnish with an orange wedge.
Be sure and check out these other fantastic Fall Fest Carrot recipes:
Thursday Night Dinner: Pickled Carrots
Virtually Homemade: Roasted Red Onions and Carrots With Pomegranate Gremolata
Haute Apple Pie: Carrot, Apple and Radicchio Slaw
What’s Gaby Cooking: Thyme and Honey Roasted Carrots
Glory Foods: Honey-Carrot Bread
Daily*Dishin: Carrot Cake Hawaiian-Style
FN Dish: Quick Carrot Sides for Thanksgiving
Cooking With Elise: Spiced Carrot Marmalade
Dishin and Dishes: Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Daydreamer Desserts: Carrot Cheesecake
Mooshu Jenne: Apple and Carrot Hearts Salad
The Sensitive Epicure: Maple Bourbon Glazed and Braised Carrots
Napa Farmhouse 1885 Carrot Slaw