Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Martini

October 28, 2011

in American,Beverages,Cocktails

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Martini

Reese’s Peanut Butter cups happen to be quite a commodity in our household. And, for some very strange reason their value seems to increase exponentially during Halloween.

Thanks to my careful and thoughtful planning I invested in a small Reese’s Peanut Butter hedge fund anticipating their upcoming increase. Which has allowed me to prepare such a delightful cocktail during the height of trick-or-treating season.

Wether or not Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a high commodity in your household, past trends have shown that after a week or two post Halloween they seem to come back down to what I would consider “normal” value. Keep in mind that to make this “candy-like” martini you’ll be infusing your own vodka, so there is a week of planning ahead that you’ll have to do. —It’s totally worth it!

5.0 from 3 reviews
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Martini

Prep time
Total time

Recipe type: Cocktail
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Martini
  • 2½ ounces Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cup Infused Vodka, recipe below
  • 4 ounces milk
  • 1 teaspoon Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
  • 4 mini peanut butter Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, for garnish
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Infused Vodka
  • 6 ounces good quality vodka (I used Tito's)
  • ¼ cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Directions
  1. To prepare the infused vodka, combine vodka and Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a clean mason jar. Close jar tightly and store in a cool dry place for 7 days. Give it a good shake once or twice per day.
  2. Once vodka has been infused, strain into a clean mason jar using a fine mesh sieve or cheese cloth. Store in a cool place or in the freezer.
  3. To prepare the martini, combine infused vodka, Hershey's chocolate syrup and milk in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake for 30-40 seconds and pour into two small martini glasses.
  4. Garnish with Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Happy Trick-or-Treating!

1 Blog is the New Black October 28, 2011 at 7:27 am

So crazy that it works I suppose!

2 Aimee October 28, 2011 at 7:28 am

I will certainly be making these this weekend!

3 Priyanka October 28, 2011 at 9:13 am

Thats a yummy drink…Stunning pics too

4 Katrina October 29, 2011 at 11:52 am

This is my dream drink!

5 Leigh October 29, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Oh. My… Wow. What an awesome idea. I have to try this soon!

6 bridget {bake at 350} October 29, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Oh, you are brilliant!

7 Jany@SuperCuteCookies October 30, 2011 at 10:45 am

I love Reese’s Peanut Butter so I will definitely try this martini!

8 Christina @ This Woman Cooks! October 30, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Genius.

9 Tina@flourtrader October 31, 2011 at 9:39 am

Amazing fusion of flavor here! So creative and easy-well worth a try. Prior to making this I will check my vodka level-I could see it running out rather quickly with this drink recipe-yum!

10 anne November 3, 2011 at 4:02 am

Sounds very good but what if you don’t have one of those cocktail shakers is there something else you can sub please email me because I really want to make this thanks anne

11 Daydreamer Desserts November 3, 2011 at 10:54 am

Hi Anne,

You could use a plastic container with a lid, or any other seal-able type container with an opening large enough to fit a few ice cubes through. Enjoy!

Josie

12 Theresa (Miss Charlotte) November 3, 2011 at 10:47 am

I. am. speechless…..can I just tell you how amazing that looks? Can I also tell you that I must share your genius with everyone I know? Cheers!

13 Daydreamer Desserts November 3, 2011 at 10:54 am

Thank you, thank you thank you! :) -Josie

14 annie November 5, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Thanks. That. Just gave me an aha moment with the plastic container with lid I got tons of them saved my husband is like why are you saving that I’m like you never know or its a cute container he just shakes his head .

15 Elizabeth November 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm

OMG YES!!!! pure genius. (love Titos too!)

16 Alexandra November 17, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Oh man this sounds sooo good. I am pregnant and wonder if there is a way to make a non alcoholic version of this…

17 Daydreamer Desserts November 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Hi Alexandra, I would suggest instead of infusing vodka with the Reese’s PB cups. Melt them in milk then chill the milk and add the Hershey’s chocolate syrup and serve in a pretty martini glass. ;)

18 Naomi December 12, 2011 at 10:46 pm

This is the holy grail and the mother of all chocolate anything martinis. All hail the queen!

19 Heidi January 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I posted a link to this on my blog. http://heidischatze.blogspot.com/2012/01/sippers-skimmers.html

And, um, thank you for changing my world with one sip! Hail to the Queen is correct.

20 Christine January 23, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Does this recipe… quadruple easily?? When you infuse the vodka do you have to have a glass container or can it be plastic?? Looking to make this for a party!!!! I can’t wait!!

21 Daydreamer Desserts January 23, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Hi Christine, yes you can easily quadruple the recipe. It would be best if you found a glass container to infuse the vodka in, oh and make sure it seals tightly. Best of luck with your party! :) – Josie

22 Christine January 24, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Have you ever just infused the entire bottle of vodka.. using that as a container?

23 Daydreamer Desserts January 25, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I have done that in the past but only after using some of if up, otherwise the ingredient I was infusing would have overflowed the bottle. Other than that, yes it makes a perfect container!

24 Becky January 24, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Do you crush or melt the PB cups you infuse the vodka with or use them whole? Can’t wait to try this!!

25 Daydreamer Desserts January 24, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hi Becky, you can roughly chop if you’ed like but, make sure you don’t melt them. Enjoy!

26 Alison January 24, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Hey this does sound wonderful but did you know they make a peanut butter vodka. It is called Nutliquor and it is AWESOME for martinis.

27 Daydreamer Desserts January 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Thanks Alison, I have seen it out there… perhaps I need to pick up a bottle of it for the sake of research. ;)

28 Kristen February 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Will you report back if that works as well? I’m eager to start infusing my vodka now, but it would be good to know in the future. XD

LOVE the pics, they are gorgeous. Can’t wait to try the drink in 7ish days!

29 Jennifer February 11, 2012 at 6:22 am

I will be trying these this week! I’m infusing my vodka today. I have a question though – where does the chocolate syrup come in? I see it in the list of ingredients but I missed what you did with it.

30 Daydreamer Desserts February 12, 2012 at 6:56 pm

How exciting! Actually the chocolate syrup goes in the shaker… updating the recipe right now. -Josie

31 Calamity Dawn February 16, 2012 at 4:47 am

Oh my! As a bit of an amateur mixologist and vodka infuser I love this idea. Now, I simple must make this… but with my own twist, of course. Thank you, for providing me with such joyful inspiration!

32 Tiffany March 17, 2012 at 7:56 am

I think I love your photos as much as I love this recipe! I WILL be trying this very soon. Thanks!

33 Shannon A April 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Wow, this sounds amazing! Definitely need to try it. This would make a GREAT gift. The infused vodka in a basket with the chocolate syrup, mini pb cups, and a cute note with the recipe. Yums! :)

34 Tyler June 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

How many reeses mini should you add to the mason jar??

35 Daydreamer Desserts July 1, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Hi Tyler, sorry for taking so long to respond. I didn’t actually count them, just use as many minis you can fit into a 1/4 cup. Hope that helps! -Josie

36 Marianne July 12, 2012 at 4:16 am

I’m going to try this with whipped cream vodka! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

37 Kacy July 17, 2012 at 9:51 am

Try making one with 360 Double Chocolate Vodka, Castries Peanut Rum and Milk – delicious!

38 Daydreamer Desserts July 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hi Kacy, Sounds very tempting! I’ll definitely have to try that combination. Thanks for the visit! -Josie

39 purplesushi September 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Since when are drinks with anything other than alcohol considered “martinis”???

40 Kelly September 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

The martini bar in my town serves a peanut butter cup martini (it is BY FAR my favorite drink out there!) so I’m SUPER excited to try this recipe (so I don’t have to pay $10 each time I want this amazing drink!) Thanks for posting the recipe! :)

41 Calvincat September 12, 2012 at 11:47 am

Can’t wait to try this!! Does it have to sit for 7 days? Do you think 3 days could be enough?

42 Daydreamer Desserts October 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hi Randi,

You could taste the infusion after 3 days and see if it’s to your liking. If not let it sit a little longer. :)

Josie

43 Kathleen October 17, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I don’t even like martinis and I’m going to try this. It doesn’t say what to do with the peanut butter cups when you pour off the vodka though, so does that mean they melt into the vodka? If not, I’m assuming one just OD’s on vodka flavored candy. Oh well, sacrifices have to be made.

44 Daydreamer Desserts October 18, 2012 at 9:48 am

Hi Kathleen,

You basically want to strain really well (preferably with cheesecloth) any traces of the peanut butter cups and discard them.

Josie

45 sara October 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm

You sort of used an idea that was posted last week.. The Reese’s pieces infused vodka. Even says the same amount for infusing it.

46 Jennifer November 1, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Sara,

Sounds like someone else borrowed Josie’s idea if the one you saw was just posted last week. Josie posted her recipe in October 2011, over a year ago.

Jennifer

47 Maggie November 3, 2012 at 7:55 pm

What can you do with the infused peanut butter cups? You’re suppose to garnish the glass with new, non-infused peanut butter cups, right?
Other than just eating the vodlka infused peanut cutter cups, what else can you do with the infused peanut butter cups? Can you reserve them and make a cake, or cupcakes? Peanut butter vodlka cookies? Just curious. Maybe I’ll come up with something. I don’t have the heart to just throw the infused treats away so I think I’ll try to come with some ideas. Ooooo…maybe crumble them over some french vanilla ice-cream. ….. I’m hungry now.

48 Melissa January 5, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I started to make this martini just before Christmas, put the reese’s cups in the vodka, stored in a cool dry place shook it a couple of times, Christmas happened and forgot about it. Found it still in the cabinet, shook it up, candy disentegrated, looks like a chocolate malt in the jar, now I’m wondering if it’s still safe to use or should I pour it out and start over?

49 Daydreamer Desserts January 8, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Hi Melissa,

I think it should be ok… Run it through a fine strainer and then taste, just to make sure. It should be safe since the alcohol in the vodka would prevent it from spoiling.

Josie

50 Melissa January 12, 2013 at 9:31 pm

It was fine after all =) Hubby requested i make them more often lol! He’s more of a chocoholic than I am.

51 Daydreamer Desserts January 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Awesome! Great to hear! :)

52 Ramona March 21, 2013 at 9:42 am

What is the ratio of vodka to peanut butter cups? I’ve made Skittles infused vodka and it’s definitely a science to get the ratio correct so I assume there’s a ratio that works better for the peanut butter cups too???

53 Ramona March 21, 2013 at 9:47 am

Never mind…I got so excited I didn’t even notice the portions were there. :)

54 Grace June 14, 2013 at 6:11 am

Think Reeses are a commodity at your place? In Australia they’re like pink diamonds! ;) can’t wait to try this out, looks like a great recipe!

55 Kristine July 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Yummy! Thanks for the Reeces Peanut Butter Cup Martini Recipe. Can’t wait to make it.