Reese’s Peanut Butter cups happen to be quite a commodity in our household. And, for some very strange reason their value seems to increase exponentially during Halloween.
Thanks to my careful and thoughtful planning I invested in a small Reese’s Peanut Butter hedge fund anticipating their upcoming increase. Which has allowed me to prepare such a delightful cocktail during the height of trick-or-treating season.
Wether or not Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are a high commodity in your household, past trends have shown that after a week or two post Halloween they seem to come back down to what I would consider “normal” value. Keep in mind that to make this “candy-like” martini you’ll be infusing your own vodka, so there is a week of planning ahead that you’ll have to do. —It’s totally worth it!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Martini
- 2½ ounces Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup Infused Vodka, recipe below
- 4 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 4 mini peanut butter Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, for garnish
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Infused Vodka
- 6 ounces good quality vodka (I used Tito’s)
- ¼ cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- To prepare the infused vodka, combine vodka and Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a clean mason jar. Close jar tightly and store in a cool dry place for 7 days. Give it a good shake once or twice per day.
- Once vodka has been infused, strain into a clean mason jar using a fine mesh sieve or cheese cloth. Store in a cool place or in the freezer.
- To prepare the martini, combine infused vodka, Hershey’s chocolate syrup and milk in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake for 30-40 seconds and pour into two small martini glasses.
- Garnish with Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups