Let’s face it, unless you suffer from a peanut allergy, and I apologize in advance for this post to all those who do. Chances are you are also a huge fan.
So, for all those who are peanut allergy-free, here is one krispy treat I’m sure you will enjoy!
WARNING: These krispy treats are made up of two layers separated by quartered mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- 8 cups Reese’s Puffs Cereal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ¾ unsalted butter
- 1 cup Reeses Chunky peanut butter
- 16 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 20 ounces Marshmallows
- ¼ cups unsalted halved peanuts
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large non-stick saucepan melt ½ cup butter over low heat. Add 10 ounces marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in ½ cup chunky peanut butter until melted. Add 5 cups Reese’s Puffs Cereal and 2 cups rice krispies. Stir until cereal has been completely coated.
- Press mixture into pan evenly. Sprinkle with quartered mini reeses peanut butter cups.
- In the same large non-stick pan melt ¼ cup butter over low heat. Add 10 ounces marshmallows, stir until completely melted. Add ¼ cup chunky peanut butter, and stir to incorporate. Add 3 cups Reese’s Puffs cereal. Stir until cereal has been completely coated. Top with halved peanuts.
- Allow to sit for about 1 hour. Lift aluminum foil from pan and slice into 2 inch squares and serve.