As I sit here waiting for the end of the world… (not really, but humor me). I began to realize I was totally unprepared, the next time around I want to make sure I’m completely ready! Or, at a minimum I would want to make sure and enjoy a few things right before the on-set date of rapture.
Before we go over my list, I have a one quick question for you:
Given the choice, would you take the blue pill or the red pill?
I would personally go for the blue pill, because after all I am a “Dreamer”, and I prefer the “Ignorance is Bliss” school of thought.
OK, now on to the list…
Note: Please keep in mind, I’m a simple girl, and given the circumstances of a rapture, it’s safe to assume all sensibility, concern for my waistline, cardiovascular and liver health, have and/or will be thrown out the window.
- 1 week prior: Buy 1 case of 2006 Cakebread Cabernet Sauvignon to enjoy throughout the week, 2 bags of Mother’s Animal Cookies, and a half gallon Moose Tracks Ice Cream
- Sunday – Corona: Lunch at Panera (French Onion Soup), Dinner at home (Petit Filet, salad, garlic mashed potatoes) , and Homemade Dessert (Rocky Road Ice cream and Assorted French macarons).
- Monday – LA/Beverly Hills: Lunch at Philippe the Original (French dipped sandwich and coleslaw), Dinner at Mastro’s (French Onion Soup, Petit Filet, Gorgonzola Mac & Cheese, and Warm Butter Cake)
- Tuesday – Glendale: Lunch at Porto’s Bakery (order one of everything), Dinner at Numero Uno Pizza (Romano Bread Puffs and a Hawaiian Pizza), Dessert (Porto’s pastries) .
- Wednesday – Vegas: Lunch at Stripburger (Blue cheese burger and sweet potato fries), Dinner at Eiffel Tower, Dessert at Payard & Serendipity 3
- Thursday – OC: Lunch at Darya (Lamb Kebob and Zereshk Polo), Dinner at Habana (Ropa Vieja & Mojitos)
- Friday – Corona: Lunch at In-N-Out (Animal style fries, protein style cheeseburger with grilled onions, and a chocolate shake), Dinner at Marui Sushi (buy Bruce a few beers), Dessert at Dairy Queen (Butterfinger Blizzard)
- Saturday – Out and about: Fill of Mother’s Animal Cookies, Ice Cream, Chocolate, Wine, and what-not. Then, after an all-night dance bender, stop at Michocan in LA for a midnight snack consisting of, Nachos Especiales with extra meat. If I happen to encounter an open Dairy Queen on the way home, we can add a large vanilla ice cream cone double dipped in chocolate to the list.
- 1 ounce Hiram Walker Banana Liqueur, chilled
- 1 ounce DeKuyper Island Punch Pucker, chilled
- ½ ounce UV Blue Raspberry vodka, chilled
- Carefully pour the banana liqueur into a shot glass. Using a bar spoon, layer the island punch pucker over the banana liqueur, top with the raspberry vodka using the bar spoon.
After a week of pure foodie pleasure, I will be sure and await my time with my interpretation of a Snozzberry Shot in hand.
Because, there has to be such a thing as a snozzberry shot! Don’t you agree? And given the case, we couldn’t very well leave without ever knowing what one tasted like, could we?
Initially, in my mind at least; I thought a snozzberry shot called for a little grenadine (hence the first picture). However, after a few rounds of testing I decided it wasn’t contributing much, and gave it the axe. The touch of banana liqueur however, just begged to be part of this whole ordeal, and I couldn’t leave it out.