Berrylicious Margarita

April 21, 2011

in Beverages,Cocktails,Mexican

Berrylicious Margarita

As I was flipping through my April edition of Orange Coast magazine, which happened to be featuring the Top 10 best new restaurants in the OC, I landed on page 79 where restaurant #3 of the top 10 happens to be mentioned.

I’m not sure if it was the image of their Just-fried ricotta dessert fritters with chocolate sauce and cappuccino ice cream or the image of their refreshing Juicy ‘rita made with acai liqueur, blanco tequila, fresh pomegranate and lime juice, that made me stop and do a double take. The point is it got my attention.

I decided to share the writeup on this particular restaurant with my husband, and as I handed him the article I said “Doesn’t that look good!” he agreed and said, “It looks really good! Can you make me one of those?” me “One of those? The dessert you mean?” him “No the cocktail!”

Lowball Glass Rimmed and ready...

I should have known, Mr. I don’t have a sweet-tooth was of course referring to the tasty beverage and not crunch-o-licious dessert complete with chocolate sauce and ice cream.

Being the good wife that I am and because I happen to also love a good cocktail I agreed to the request. Unfortunately, since I didn’t have the extact ingredients mentioned in the article, I went scavenger hunting through my liquor cabinet and fridge in order to create my own version. I hope you like it, we did!

Berrylicious Margarita

Serves 2

2 ounces framboise liqueur
5 ounces cranberry juice
3 ounces blanco or silver tequila
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Garnish Ingredients
Wedge of lime
Maragita salt

Rub rims of two lowball glasses with a wedge of lime and dip in salt.

Combine liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled half-way with ice. Shake for a few seconds and serve into the prepared glasses.

Berrylicious Margarita

You know… I just realized since I made him the cocktail, he should in-turn take me to Canyon for one of their yummy desserts, don’t you agree?

Cheers!

Be Sociable, Share!

1 Kelly April 22, 2011 at 6:55 am

Oooo this looks great! I love margaritas and will definitely have to try this! :)

2 Maggie @ Vittles and Bits April 22, 2011 at 7:08 am

So pretty! I love margaritas, this twist looks very interesting!

3 Megan April 22, 2011 at 9:05 am

This looks great! My husband and I love margaritas and we jump on every recipe we see, so we’ll have to give this a try!

4 Lyndsey @ Vanilla Clouds and Lemon Drops April 22, 2011 at 9:08 am

Yum!! This looks so good – I’m so happy it’s Friday today! : )

5 Kate April 22, 2011 at 11:12 am

This looks so refreshing and tasty! I love margs and especially when they are flavored. Your photos are great too!

6 Amy (Sing For Your Supper) April 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Oh yummy! I’m absolutely craving one of these now! Totally trying this SOON!!!

7 Chef Dennis April 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

you might have to give him a couple more of those cocktails to get him to agree to take you, but I think it would be well worth it! In fact I wouldn’t mind a few of those cocktails my self!
Cheers
Dennis

8 The Farmers Wife April 22, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I love margaritas, and so does my hubby. I’ll have to give this a try sometime!

9 Baking Serendipity April 22, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Flavored margaritas are my favorite :) I love that I can make a good one like this at home…it’s a perfect summer backyard drink!

10 Sandra April 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Super cool cocktail and I hope you get your dessert!

11 Bryan April 22, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Me? I am a big fan of the Margarita… I don’t think that I have come across one that I didn’t like. That being said yours looks Awesome!

12 Jason Phelps April 25, 2011 at 4:20 am

What a perfect combo of flavors. I just killed my last bottle of Chambord this weekend so I’ll have to wait a bit to make these!

Jason

13 Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite.com April 25, 2011 at 5:38 am

Absolutely stunning Josie! I could use one now and it’s not even 9am!

14 Jessica April 25, 2011 at 11:00 am

This looks so good! Love your blog! Came across it on foodbuzz & am a new follower!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

15 Nancy@acommunaltable April 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Stunning photograph and a very refreshing sounding cocktail!! I think you deserve at least dinner AND dessert at Canyon!!!

16 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen April 27, 2011 at 2:25 am

I agree, it’s only fair, after all you did make him the cocktail he wanted! I like the pretty pink color and framboise is one of my favorite liqueurs.

17 Ana April 30, 2011 at 8:05 am

Taking you to Canyon is the least he could do.

Ana

18 Sandie (Sandie's Bitchin' Kitchen) May 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hi, Josie!

These margaritas look and sound yummy! Is anything better than a refreshing margarita on a warm spring/summer day?!

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve given you a blog award, so feel free to head on over to my blog and check out my latest post. I wanted you to know how much I like your blog and the things that you post!

Have a great Friday evening!