White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

February 26, 2011

in American,Bar Desserts,Recipes

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

This fancy version of a Rice Krispie bar (you’ll see why I refer to them as fancy in a moment) was inspired from one I had the incredible opportunity of tasting when visiting the kitchen at one of my most favorite Pastry Chefs place of employment.

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

Now, there are two reasons why I refer to them as fancy. One they do not call for marshmallows, not that you couldn’t fancy up marshmallows… but, just go with me on this one. And two, it’s topped with a smooth and luscious white chocolate dulce de leche Bavarian cream, finely grated white chocolate, and a few white chocolate chips for looks.

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

Don’t let the title of these bars scare you into not making them, they are so easy my 12 year old could make them! Shh… the secret to their simplicity is one key special ingredient.

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars
Topped with Dulce de Leche White Chocolate Bavarian Cream

adapted from Desserts by the Yard by Sherry Yard

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cups Rice Krispies
pinch of salt

Line an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.

Melt white chocolate over a double broiler or in a microwave. Stir in vegetable oil and salt. Chocolate should be smooth and a bit shiny at this point. Fold in Rice Krispies.

Spread over the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator to chill.

Dulce de Leche White Chocolate Bavarian Cream

8 ounces white chocolate, chopped finely
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup World Market Dulce de Leche White Hot Chocolate Powder

Melt white chocolate and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream over a double broiler. Whisk in dulce de leche white hot chocolate powder until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and let it come to room temperature. When cool, in a medium bowl whip remaining 1 cup heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.

Fold in half of the whipped cream into the melted white chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Pour over the white chocolate Rice Krispies base. Return to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours, preferable overnight.

Garnish
white chocolate, finely grated
white chocolate chips

Before serving you can dust the top with a little more Dulce de Leche White Hot Chocolate Powder or grated white chocolate and top each bar with a few white chocolate chips.

Cut into 4 X 1 inch bars.

White Chocolate Rice Krispies Bars

1 Ann February 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm

These are such elegant rice krispie treats. Really beautiful.

2 Victoria (District Chocoholic) February 26, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I think a shop that sold fancy rice krispie treats in various flavors could do very, very well. These would belong on the menu, no doubt.

3 Ken│hungry rabbit February 26, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Yes please, I do FANCY this luscious rice crispy treat.

4 Lora February 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm

This has to be the most elegant rice krispie bar I have ever seen. Bravo.

5 Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 26, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Oh, these are stunning! I can just imagine how great they must taste, too… Yum!

6 Kathia February 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Pero q delicia Josie, de veras que el chocolate blanco le da mas elegancia al rice crispy. Voy a guarded esta receta para el futuro

7 bryan February 26, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Wowza! these look wicked good!
What a great dessert.

8 Belinda @zomppa February 27, 2011 at 5:23 am

These are definitely fancy!! GORGEOUSness. Would need to try one….

9 a frog in the cottage February 27, 2011 at 7:28 am

this is a pure delight to watch you photos, and to read the recipe is making me very very hungry !!!!

10 Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies February 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

What a dessert! I’m just floored looking at your pictures of it. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog until tomorrow night and I’d like to invite you to stop by and link your bars up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

11 Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen March 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Wow. Wow. I want one of these right now. These are bookmarked and I must make them!!! ♥- Katrina

12 Chef Dennis March 5, 2011 at 5:47 pm

hi Josie
those are incredible rice crispy bars, white chocolate instead of marshmallows is a nice trade….then again anything with white chocolate is a winner in my book!
Now if you could just mail me a few I would be a very happy chef!
Cheers
Dennis

13 claudia lamascolo/aka pegasuslegend March 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Outstanding one of my fav treats gone wild love this!

14 Liz March 6, 2011 at 5:51 am

Oh,my…I have to print this one off, too!!! Love this idea!!!

15 Sandra March 6, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Love, love, love this. White Chocolate is my fave!

16 Stephanie @ okie dokie artichokie March 7, 2011 at 6:45 am

Oh my. This looks divine. I love the look of this — so glam and chic. :-p And the dulce de leche bavarian cream action you got going on just puts it over the top. Yum!

17 The Chocolate Priestess March 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Without marshmallows are they really rice krispy treats?

18 Joy March 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm

This is so cool. I can’t wait to try this for my family.

19 Jenny (VintageSugarcube) March 14, 2011 at 7:43 pm

WOW! I haven’t seen anything quite like these! I’m definitely going to give them a try. I can totally see these being a fun dessert at a party too. :)

20 Julia August 21, 2011 at 10:26 am

These are LEGIT fancy schmacy rice crispie treats. Who needs marshmallow when you have dulce de leche white chocolate bavarian cream?!

21 Paula December 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

I tried to make these and they came out terrible, the no problem with the rice krispie layer, the top layer never solidified. I wasted so much ingredients, do not attempt to make these, I had to through the whole thing out

22 Susanne December 23, 2011 at 7:42 pm

For those of you going to attempt this recipe, 3/4 c krispies & 8 oz of chocolate do not cover the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan. You have to at least double the recipe to cover it. It would be better to triple or quadruple if you want a treat with any kind of thickness.

23 Daydreamer Desserts December 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for stopping by. I made this recipe exactly as written. If you take a look at my photos, I used an 8×8 pan and the entire pan was covered with rice krispies. -The bottom layer is supposed to be fairly thin.

Josie.

24 Susanne December 23, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Hi Josie.

Mine did not look like yours at all. Maybe b/c your photos are very close up. Yours appear to be fairly thick. Mine did not spread to the edge of pan. I’m in the process of waiting for the topping to cool. I see that someone else’s topping did not set; I hope mine doesn’t do that b/c everything has been very tasty. I do wonder though, when you say white chocolate, do you mean white chocolate bar/chips or white chocolate coating? I know it makes a big difference when you’re making cakeballs.

25 Susanne December 24, 2011 at 7:17 am

Like Paula, my topping not did solidify. It came out like pudding. I did not, however, throw them out. I ate a small portion with a spoon to taste them. Quite tasty! Now I’m trying to figure out how I serve them and still make them look as delicious as they taste. Still trying to figure out why the topping isn’t setting though. Anyone have ideas? I was thinking it was the type of chocolate.

26 Pamela April 6, 2012 at 5:31 am

I also made these and wish I had read through the comments first. My top did not solidify. I can tell from taste that this would have been awesome. I did everything by the recipe and used the best chocolate so that is not why it did not solidify. Very expensive effort as I had to special order the white chocolate powder. Plese let us know what may have gone wrong.

27 Daydreamer Desserts October 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Hi Pamela,

So sorry to hear your bars didn’t set. Did you let the melted white chocolate, half the whipping cream, and dulce de leche white hot chocolate powder mixture come to room temperature? The remaining half of the whipping cream needed to be whipped into soft peaks, then carefully folded into the melted chocolate and cream mixture.

Josie

28 sharon September 28, 2012 at 2:23 am

These look great. How long will they keep far if I ship them to another state?

29 Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke October 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

This recipe looks so delicious! I shared this on my 37 Delicious White Chocolate Recipes Round up here: http://kristendukephotography.com/37-delicious-white-chocolate-recipes/#comments

Kristen

30 Marti July 16, 2014 at 5:38 pm

What can be substituted for the dulce de leche white hot chocolate mix? We don’t have a World Market any more.

31 Daydreamer Desserts July 23, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Hi Marti,

You can pretty much substitute it with any type of white hot chocolate mix and just a thought, perhaps add a maybe a tablespoon of dulce de leche to compensate?

Josie