Cloud Nine Martini

February 12, 2011

in American,Beverages,Cocktails

Cloud Nine Martini

Cloud Nine was the first name I thought of for this cocktail as soon as I made it. Not only because of it’s color and blissful taste but, because Valentine’s Day is only a couple of days away and I imagine there are many love birds out there who are totally on “Cloud Nine” so it’s very à propos.

White Chocolate Godiva Liqueur & Whipped Cream Vodka make a yummy Cloud 9 Martini

Idiom: “On Cloud Nine…”

Meaning: In a state of blissful happiness.

Martini Glass Rimmed with Red Sanding Sugar

I poured red Wilton Sanding sugar in to a plastic lid then swirled the rims of the martini glasses in some whipped cream vodka then dipped them into the sanding sugar for a nice Valentine’s Day touch.

Rimmed Martini Glasses
Cloud Nine Martini
Cloud Nine Martini

Cloud Nine Martini

Serves 2

6 ounces Godiva White Chocolate liqueur
2 ounces Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka

Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour ingredients into the cocktail shaker, and shake for 20 seconds.

Strain and serve into martini glasses.

Cloud Nine Martini

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day

1 claudia lamascolo/aka pegasuslegend February 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Absolutely stunning I will take a pitcher of these! PLEASE!

2 Priyanka February 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Just seeing the martini has actually placed me in “CLOUD 9″……. Perfect for valentine :)

3 Lora February 13, 2011 at 2:31 am

THe perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail. Love the red sanding sugar rims.

4 Food Frenzy February 13, 2011 at 2:34 pm

First of all, great photos. I love how you chose to use the vodka on the rim to coat with the sugar sprinkles.

Second, the drink itself sounds like a wonderful dessert drink. Great job!

That looks amazing. You definitely have a great patience to put this together, but looks totally worth it.

We invite you to share this post and some of your favorite posts on Food Frenzy.
Please check out our community at http://blogstew.net/foodfrenzy

5 Liz February 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Fabulous martini!!! So beautiful~

6 Jason Phelps February 14, 2011 at 4:34 am

You didn’t say what they tasted like, sugar and all. Is the whipped cream vodka sweet?

Jason

7 Daydreamer Desserts February 14, 2011 at 6:44 am

Sorry I guess I was so overwhelmed by the cocktail itself I forgot to describe it… Yes the vodka is sweet but not overly sweet. I was completely blown away at how remarkably close the taste of this vodka is to a lightly sweetened whipped cream, it’s amazing. The White Chocolate liqueur is what you would expect, rich, creamy and sweet. The two combined were excellent in my opinion, liquid dessert. If it helps, imagine an alcoholic version of a cup of cocoa, (in this case white) with whipped cream swirled in it. :) -Josie

8 sippitysup February 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

That is the “sweetest” cocktail I have ever seen. Happy Valentines Day. GREG

9 Lynn February 15, 2011 at 11:33 am

As usual, stunning. I am paying it forward and wanted to share the stylish blogger award I received with you b/c I enjoy your blog. Redeem here: http://sprinklesofflavor.blogspot.com/2011/02/french-breakfast-puffs-aka-baked.html

10 culinaryneophyte February 15, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Great photos! Love this idea; I’ll definitely be trying it out soon!

11 Nancy@acommunaltable February 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I am thoroughly enjoying this run of cocktail recipes!!! This would be a terrific cocktail for a party – gorgeous!!

12 Sophia February 16, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love Valentine’s Day desserts, and yours looks so, so delicious! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Valentine’s Day Recipe Contest! You could win a GreenPan Stainless Steel Todd’s Perfect Gourmet Cook Set!

13 Tiffany February 18, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’ve never heard of whipped cream vodka! What a great concept!!!

14 Marie @ Substance of Living February 12, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Your drinks are beyond sinful and I must try Each. And. Every. One! I will start tomorrow right after a few necessities are acquired. :-)

Thank you for sharing. I’d like to link to your posts or better yet, welcome you to guest post on my site.
Marie