I don’t know how you feel about them, but there is just something about food themed movies that hits me right here [places hand over heart].
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of watching Julie & Julia, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Cocolat, or Ratatouille for example.
So you can just imagine my excitement when I learned I was invited to a special lunch to celebrate the Release of Eat Pray Love on Blu-Ray and DVD with special guests Producer Dede Gardner and Food Stylist Susan Spungen hosted by Sony Entertainment at Vincenti Ristorante.
Dede Gardner who produced the film is also president of Plan B Entertainment and has an upcoming film starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, The Tree of Life. You know I’m not missing that one!
Dede and Susan delighted us all as they shared their behind the scenes adventures during the filming of the movie.
The typical blogger scene… it must always include a camera or two.
Lunch started with a caprese bite and followed with a butter lettuce salad dressed with the most amazing polenta croutons and a parmigiano dressing. For our main course we had an assortment of pizzas. My top two favorites were with artichoke, burrata cheese, zucchini flowers and prosciutto pizza and the housemade sausage, fresh porcini, mozzarella and black truffle pizza (need I say more?). For dessert we enjoyed coffee and assorted cookies.
I was so lucky to spend a few moments chatting with Susan. Not only was she the food stylist on Eat Pray Love, her work was also featured in Julie and Julia, and It’s complicated! To her talents we also need to add… fantastic cook, recipe developer, and she also happens to be the author of Recipes: A collection for the Modern Cook, and has a second book coming out later next year!
Some new, some old faces… had a great time hanging out with these LA Bloggers as well:
Cristina from Teenie cakes
Deb from Debs Kitchen & Foodbites
Erika from In Erika’s Kitchen
Giselle from Small Pleasures Catering
Greg from Sippity Sup
Louise from Art of Cuisine
Marla from Family Fresh Cooking
Rachael from La Fuji Mama
Sibylla from Divaluscious
Veronica from The Enchanted Cook
Yvonne from Yvonne In LA
Now for the Giveaway!
If you haven’t had the opportunity to watch the movie or read the book, here’s your chance to win your own copies.
In order to be eligible to enter the contest:
- Leave a comment on this post in which you share your favorite food themed movie of all time.
- You must have a US Mailing address due to shipping pocketbook limitations.
Don’t forget to leave me your email address in the comment form (it will not be published) so that I am able to contact you if you win.
For extra opportunities to win you can also do one or more of the following:
- Follow me @DaydreamerDsrts on Twitter and leave me a comment saying you are a follower. If you are already a follower leave me a comment as well.
- Become a Daydreamer Desserts Fan on Facebook and leave me acomment saying you are a fan. If you are already a fan let me know in a separate comment as well.
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave me a comment saying you tweeted. Tweet
- One (1) brand new Eat Pray Love DVD
- One (1) brand new Eat Pray Love Paperback
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random for this giveaway.
- Deadline to enter: Friday December 17, 2010 11:59 PST
- Winner announced: Saturday December 18, 2010
Good Luck Everyone!