Welcome to Cookie Month here on Daydreamer Desserts!
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program we often receive emails with offers to try out free samples or coupons for a certain product.
Well, as soon as I saw the email addressed from Foodbuzz asking if I would like to opt-in for a chance to receive a free sample of REAL Butter and a holiday baking kit. I opened that baby up, clicked on the link, filled out the short survey, and crossed my fingers hoping I would be one of the lucky 12 selected for such an amazing sample.
I usually go through quite a bit of butter on a regular basis, but once the holidays come around those figures are multiplied ten-fold! So, you can just imagine how excited I was, when I found out I was in fact one of the lucky 12 bloggers to receive such a treat!
Rolling cookie dough into cylinders makes loading your cookie press a cinch!
Add a pair of tweezers to your decorating tool-kit, they really come in handy for tasks like this!
Butterscotch Spritz Cookies
adapted from Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
Makes about 4 dozen
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon butterscotch extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, approx 2 minutes. Add egg and mix just until incorporated. Add flour, salt, and butterscotch extract and stir just until dough is formed.
Without refrigerating roll dough into small cylinders, then transfer them onto your cookie press and form desired shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until set and bottoms are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: If using dark cookie sheets baking time may need to be reduced by 1 minute or so.
Now, what better way to kick-off this holiday baking season than by giving back, right?
So, just as my mom passed on her 30+ year-old Swedish Cookie Press to me during my last summer trip to Mexico.
I too will pass on this brand new Swiss Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press [I just happened to pick up a few weeks ago during one of my lunchtime trips to the HomeGoods store] to one of you!
In order to be eligible to enter the contest:
- Leave a comment on this post in which you share your favorite holiday cookie.
- You must have a US Mailing address due to
- Don’t forget to leave me your email address in the comment form (it will not be published) so that I am able to contact you if you win.
For extra opportunities to win you can also do one or more of the following:
- Follow me @DaydreamerDsrts on Twitter and leave me a comment saying you are a follower. If you are already a follower leave me a comment as well.
- Become a Daydreamer Desserts Fan on Facebook and leave me acomment saying you are a fan. If you are already a fan let me know in a separate comment as well.
- Tweet about my this giveaway and leave me a comment saying you tweeted.
- Subscribe to Daydreamer Desserts via my RSS Feed and yep, you guess it… leave me a comment if you are now subscribed or if you were already subscribed to begin with.
- One (1) brand new Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press to be given away.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random for this giveaway.
- Deadline to enter: Saturday December 4, 2010 11:59 PST
- Winner announced: Sunday December 5, 2010
Good Luck Everyone!