As you may or may not know I have been one of the 15 fortunate Foodbuzz bloggers selected to join Kelly Ripa in NYC for a special cake decorating event sponsored by Electrolux to help generate support for and awareness of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, whose mission is to fund research to find a method of early detection and ultimately a cure for Ovarian Cancer.
Here is a snippet of the email I received from Foodbuzz:
- We were overwhelmed by the entries, and the support our community showed for such a great cause. We wish we could select everyone, and thank all those who took the time to apply.
Check out my fellow foodie bloggers who were also selected and who I can’t wait to meet!
- A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
- Bake at 350
- The Cooking Photographer
- Smoky Mountain Cafe
- In Erika’s Kitchen
- Evil Shenanigans
- Salty Seattle
- The Inner Workings of a College Graduate
- Megan’s Munchies
- Carrots ‘N’ Cake
- No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner
- My Kitchen Addiction
- RhodeyGirl Tests
My goal here is to help generate support and raise awareness of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund but, I need your help in order to do this.
Now a little more info on this Dreamy Cookbook Giveaway, it’s my very first so please bear with me.
There are actually three dreamy cookbooks that will be given away:
Petite Sweets (Hardcover)
Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth
by Beatrice Ojakangas
Prize to be revealed January 21, 2010 in a separate post
Deadline to enter: January 26, 2010 11:59 PST
Winner announced: January 27, 2010
Prize to be revealed Januaray 28, 2010 in a separate post
Deadline to enter: February 2, 2010 11:59 PST
Winner announced: Februrary 3, 2010
In order to be eligible to enter the contest, all I ask of you is the following:
- Become an OCRF Fan on Facebook
- Follow @OCRF on Twitter
- Retweet this post and make sure the tweet contains @DaydreamerDsrts & #OCRF
- You must have a US Mailing address due to shipping limitations.
- Leave me a comment stating you’ve met criteria 1-4, and don’t forget to enter your email address in the comment form (it will not be published) so that I am able to contact you if you win.
- Last but not least if you are so inclined and are able to please donate to this very worthy cause. (Not required to be eligible to enter the giveaway.)
One winner will be chosen at random for each giveaway.
Thank you all and good luck!